Join us and become leading expert in Legal and Compliance in the new industry of Virtual Currencies.
At Coinify, we are growing from a Start-up to a Scale-up company and now looking for a new Legal Counsel. Regulation and Compliance sits at the heart of how we operate, and this role will continue to build on the culture of Compliance that is central to the business.
If you have experience in working in a fast-paced payments-based environment where being agile, decisive and swift in making legal and compliance calls is key - and if you want to help us transform the world of finance - apply now!
- Responsible for the establishment and maintenance of effective anti-money laundering (AML) and counter-terrorist financing (CTF) systems and controls.
- Provide legal and regulatory counsel on payments products and services and for the organisation in general.
- Be an ultimate point of escalation for regulatory issues and the key owner of our approach to upcoming regulations.
- Provide clear and concise guidance to our business units on novel and complex legal issues.
- Draft legal documents.
- Work with a diverse set of external lawyers to optimise legal capabilities.
- Maintain relationships with banks, regulators, and other governmental agencies in multiple markets.
- Contribute to our regulatory license applications.
- Minimum 2 years of experience either in-house or with a law firm.
- Minimum 1 year experience in payments/fintech.
- Master’s Degree in Law.
- Knowledge of regulations applicable to financial services and consumer protection.
- Willingness to learn new legal subject matter areas as needed.
- Ability to say how new regulations will impact the business’ products and expansion plans.
- Ability to drive various initiatives from legal and compliance perspective such as new business types and jurisdictions.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people.
- Blockchain / Virtual Currency / Startup relevant experience is an advantage.
What we offer
- Working in a very dynamic and international environment with 20 different nationalities representing 4 continents.
- Being part of scaling one of the most important fintech companies in Europe. Coinify has been an active player in revolutionising the virtual currency space and transforming financial services through disruptive solutions.
- Since diversity and inclusion lies at the core of Coinify values you would join a company that prides itself on its policies for tolerance, gender diversity and equal opportunity.
- A flat hierarchy with an informal work culture.
- A lot of fun: we regularly organise team-building activities, company events and parties.
- A competitive salary.
How to apply
Remember to submit your CV and cover letter in PDF format. Please note that we review applications as they come, so do not hesitate to apply as soon as possible and no later than December 30th, 2018. We look forward to receiving your application.
This is a full-time position located at our Copenhagen office.
Coinify ApS is an established global virtual currency player actively offering solutions in Europe, Asia and other regions. The Coinify.com platform offers blockchain currency trading and payment processing services: individual Traders can buy and sell blockchain currencies; and Merchants can accept blockchain payments in 15 currencies and receive payouts in fiat.